Universität zu Köln | Research Training Group „Template-Designed Organic Electronics-TIDE“
Junior Research Group Leader (f/m/d) TIDE
- Online seit 09.10.2020
- Wissenschaftl. Stellen
Faculty of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
Junior Research Group Leader (f/m/d)
Research Training Group „Template-Designed Organic Electronics-TIDE“
The University of Cologne is one of the largest and most research-intensive universities in Germany, offering a wide range of subjects. With its six faculties and its interfaculty centres, it offers a broad spectrum of scientific disciplines and internationally outstanding profile areas, supported by the administration with its services.
The Research Training Group „Template-Designed Organic Electronics – TIDE”, funded by the DFG (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft) invites for applications. We provide a unique research-oriented training program, embracing an interdisciplinary and cutting-edge research environment such as Organic Electronics. The RTG includes working groups belonging to organic synthesis, surfaces & interface sciences, device physics & applications, ultrafast spectroscopy, and quantum chemical theory & modelling. TIDE is a collaborative effort by the Departments of Chemistry and the Departments of Physics at two Universities, the University of Cologne and the Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-University Bonn, Germany. The program will start in April 2021. Please visit our homepage www.TIDE.uni-koeln.de for program information.
WE OFFER YOU
- The candidate will be fully integrated in the TIDE program by contributing to the scientific program, as well as becoming instructor in the qualification program. The position includes funding of a PhD candidate and supervision of the research as well as an independent project budget.
- Mentorship by leading researchers
- a diverse and fair working environment
- support in reconciling work and family life
- flexible working time models
- extensive advanced training opportunities
- occupational health management offers
- local transport ticket at a discount for UoC employees
Subject to the commitment of funds, the position is available from April 2021 on a full time basis and limited to a term of up to four and a half years. If the applicant meets the relevant wage requirements and personal qualifications, the salary is based on remuneration group TV-L 13 of the pay scale for the German public sector.
The University of Cologne is committed to equal opportunities and diversity. Women are especially encouraged to apply and will be considered preferentially in accordance with the Equal Opportunities Act of North Rhine-Westphalia (Landesgleichstellungsgesetz – LGG NRW). We also expressly welcome applications from people with disabilities / special needs or of equal status.
Please apply online at: https://jobportal.uni-koeln.de with proof of the sought qualifications. The reference number is Wiss2008-12. The application deadline is 25.10.2020.
Inquiries about the program should be adressed to Prof. Klaus Meerholz (Klaus.firstname.lastname@example.org), speaker of RTG2591, Physical Chemistry, University of Cologne.
- Applying candidates should have obtained (or be about to obtain) a PhD degree in Organic Chemistry, Material Sciences, or another topically related research field with a proven record of accomplishment. The ideal candidate is highly motivated, team-oriented with strong interest and expertise in the interdisciplinary fields involved in TIDE. The candidate is expected to build her*his own junior research group with an independent research topic. Documented scientific publication skills are a prerequisite.
- Art der Beschäftigung
- Zeitraum der Beschäftigung
- limited to a term of up to four and a half years
- group 13 TV-L of the pay scale for the German public sector
- Sonntag, 25. Oktober 2020 - 23:59
- Hochschule / Einrichtung
- Universität zu Köln
- Institut / Einrichtung
- Research Training Group „Template-Designed Organic Electronics-TIDE“
- 50931 Köln, Deutschland
- Herr Klaus Meerholz